Restricted Play - Update - PLEASE READ
Following the government's announcement last Thursday evening please see below the guidelines that have been updated (the full document is attached with the changes in red if you haven't already seen it). These will come into place from June 1st:
1. If you develop symptoms after playing please let the club know and also follow the Government’s ‘test and trace’ guidelines, these can be read on the Gov.uk website.
2. Both singles play and doubles play is now permitted with people from outside of your household, as long as you remain 2 metres apart as far as possible – meaning that four people from different households can now play doubles.
3. Players do not now need to use their own clearly marked tennis balls – however, if you choose to use shared balls then extra care must be taken to ensure you do not touch your face during play, and you should clean your hands before play and immediately after finishing (use alcohol gel if required).
4. For doubles, consider agreeing in advance which player will take the shot if a ball travels to the centre of the court.
5. Individual, doubles or small group coaching lessons of 5 players or less only.
As this is going to increase the number of people at the club, please can I remind EVERYBODY to make sure they finish their game 10 minutes before the end of their allocated booking.
As the club has been open again for just over 2 weeks now and I'm seeing how everything is working, please note that from now onwards if you are playing on court 1 you can park your bicycle on the fence of court 1 and then leave straight through the car park (just like the pedestrian's do). If you are playing on any other court please still park your bicycle as previously instructed.
Finally, as groups of up to 6 people are now allowed to meet I am looking at ways for Junior Coaching on a Saturday and Coached Membership to restart (I am currently awaiting more guidance on this from the LTA). I am also looking at ways for members who don't have anybody to play with to get a game. For the time being Coffee Mornings, Ladies Match Practice, Club Sessions & Junior Matchplay will still not be happening for the foreseeable future.
It is great to see the courts busy again but please STAY ALERT and keep the club safe as we don't want to have to shut it down again.
- 64281_Return_to_restricted_play-_Updated_1.docx (DOCX, 50 KB)
News & Events
- Club Night Tonight - 19.30-21.30
- Opening and Closing the Club - Time restrictions lifted - IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ
- Junior Week/Junior Club Championships 2020
- Daytime Doubles League
- Mixed Doubles Box League
- Coached Membership - Length of session
- Tennis Programme Changes
- Online Booking - LTA MEMBERSHIP
- Junior Box League
- Revised Tennis Event Schedule - 2020
- Singles Box League
- Subscription Refund
- Restricted Play - Update - PLEASE READ
- Box League - Match Scores
- Singles Box league
- Booking Sheet Settings
- Roger Elvy
- Resumption of tennis - Restricted play
- Resumption of Tennis - Restricted Play - IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ
- Resumption of Tennis - Restricted Play
- Resumption of Tennis
- Adult Member's Quarterly Newsletter - Spring 2020
- Senior Club Championships
- LTA Meritorious Service Award
- Renewals 2020-21
- Annual Risk Assessment
- LTA Audit - Safeguarding Policy & Procedures
- Safeguarding - IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ.
- Tennis Club Lease
- Tennis Club Visitors Fees
- Lost Tennis Balls
- Lawn Maintenance
- Court Gates
- Closure of Tennis Court Gates
- Chewing Gum
- Angmering-on-Sea Estate Roads